Saturday, December 12, 2009

** NUDE JACKET EPISODE!!!**


I want to start off by saying, Holland is me made over. She may look like her daddy, but her little independent spirit is completely me.

Holland now has a new (and not so cute) night-time habit. When I go get her from her bed in the mornings, she is completely nude and lying in tee tee. I thought I wasn't getting in there early enough and she was retalliating by adding to my least favoite chore of all, laundry. Come to find out, she likes to sleep in the nude. Hah. So now I put her to bed and check on her before I go to bed to make sure she's dry and covered. She's usually already done her business, so she ends up lying in bed with daddy while I change the linens. One night she slept with us and woke me up at 6:15 (alarm was set for 7:30). She says, "mommy, where did kitty cat go?" We go back and forth that kitty is night night--as should we. Nonetheless, we were up and getting ready for the day early that day. After a few loads of laundry and a bath, it was finally time to go to mammaw's house. I'm running after her with her jacket saying "Holland, it's cold outside-we need to wear our jackets." She replies with "nooooooo mommy, nooooo mommy." I had to take myself out of the situation for the safety of my daughter and myself (if you have children you may know what I'm talking about). I was turing off all of the lights and getting the house ready to lock up while I'm still telling Holland to get her jacket on. She finally comes trotting into the kitchen ready to go...with her jacket on...her life jacket.

She really is my child.

1 comment:

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Oh the joy children bring into our lives....and stress! She is just giving you back all of the independence you have shared with us all.

Love you Holland!
See you Thusrday, Friday, Saturday.