Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our little piano player



Funny story about the piano. Holland and I were visiting our cousins Kat and her little boy Samuel in Baton Rouge this summer. On one of our walks her neighbor stopped us and asked if we wanted a piano. I claimed it! Daniel was of course thrilled when I told him I got a free piano, the only catch was we had to drag it from Baton Rouge to Monroe. In the end it all worked out fine and Holland LOVES playing. One day she'll get lessons, until then we just play.

2 comments:

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

She looks like a little pro! How sweet of that random person to give you guys that! Me and Alyssa played when we were little. She was way better than, but we enjoyed doing it together. I'm sure she will as well...when you have your next little Hammett!

J. Russell said...

That is too cute and she is too adorable! I remember when aunt Becky taught me how to play heart and soul which of course is all i still know today. It was a lot of fun playing that song w/ you when we were young. I know Holland will have lots of wonderful memories on the sweet new piano you happened upon. :)
Love you!
Nichole